Upcoming Public Events:
- June 23-27: Teachers College Reading & Writing Project Institute on the Teaching of Writing
- August 1-5: Teachers College Reading & Writing Project Institute on the Teaching of Writing
- August 23: DRIVE Conference, Lawrence, NJ
- September 19-21: Nonfiction Writing Institute, Teachers College Reading & Writing Project
- October 23-25: Literacy for All Conference, Lesley University
- November 17-20: NCTE Conference, Atlanta, GA. Co-presenting with Jen Serravallo and Lester Laminack
Video Clips from Heinemann!
Here are two recently released videos I filmed with Heinemann about the challenges and rewards of writing.
Writing is hard...
A discussion of honesty when teaching writing
Writing is a thinking tool
A discussion of the connections between brain and writing
Matt Halpern's review of THE UNSTOPPABLE WRITING TEACHER from his blog: "Look at My Happy Rainbow!"
In this review, Matt gives a great overview of the book, bringing in his experiences from Heinemann's Teacher Tour where I presented on pop culture.
Teachers College Reading and Writing Project
For more information on the summer institutes or to apply.
* As some of you know, the publishing numbers for books by and about people of color, different family structures and a variety of socio-economics are rather grim. weneeddiversebooks.org strives to combat that reality. They are currently fundraising in order to help a more diverse body of authors see their books published. Please consider supporting them. Even the smallest amounts will go a long way.
Fundraising page for We Need Diverse Books
Click link to help this important cause
*If you would like me to visit your school, district or community, please contact me using the e-mail link in the sidebar.
Young Adult Novel